Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Last Week in the ATL

So... what to say, what to say. I don't really know - I'm speechless.  And for those of you who know me, that's unheard of.
My sister had a rough last week, and that has been weighing heavy on my heart. She is too kind to have rough weeks, too loving to have rough weeks. But she is too tough to let them get her down. She takes the rough weeks and gets them over with, right on to the good weeks. She is the one who is inspiring. This ride is nothing compared to her perseverance and totally awesome attitude. I hope for those qualities some day.
She is excited. I'm excited. We both want to get on with it and make this ride happen.  That leads me into my next bunch of A.D.D. thoughts, and who I need and want to thank. These people have made this idea happen for me and for my sister.

FIRST and foremost. Brooke, aka BK - my girlfriend.

Without her none of this would have happened. No website. No press. No ability to share with all of you. This girl needs an award or something. My adventurous spirit and longing to provide a positive and happy "event" for my sister led me here to this day, 4 days till I leave. And Brooke walked me through it all the way. She helped and totally understood what I wanted to do and showed me just how to go about doing it. Thank you, BK.

My family... Mother, Father, both brothers, and of course, my sister.  They all came though to help out and lend a hand where ever I needed it.  From day one they understood and realized what I wanted to do for Kris and they helped make it happen.

My sponsors.
Blue Moon Cycle - if they weren't here, I wouldn't have a bike and all the savvy gear to go with it. They were supportive and interested and have never made me feel like my trip or my long list of gear and bike repairs has been a burden. Totally supportive every step of the way and some of the most positive folks I've met. I appreciate that so much.

GoPro...
What can I say?  I've been posting about this company since they decided to help out. The cameras are awesome - light, easy to use, and they will mount pretty much anywhere. I think I have 5 different mount locations on my bike now. The pics should turn out good.  I hope to capture stills and video with my tiny HERO HD.

The Rak Outfitters in Calhoun GA. They are a small and locally owned gear shop. They hooked me up with my sleeping lodge for this trip, a Marmot Limelight 2 tent. Even though they are a small shop, they helped out in a big way. Thank You.

I have others to thank - many others actually.  Some companies, some people, but I wanted to thank the folks that have gotten me to this point.


I'm ready, I'm very ready.
...in a few words, it's going to be crazy.

This trip is going to be epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment