Saturday, April 23, 2011

Things have been way more challenging this year. Getting started, getting all the new folks together and the logistics straight has been so very hard. Not having Brooke by my side and helping with all her great ideas is probably the biggest problem. She made things happen last year and it shows big time this year. I do have Broccoli dog with me 24/7 but he has no thumbs and can't write code for the website, so really he is just here for support. I have been given some great ideas from the new group this year and Curt has put together a good bunch of folks to do the ride. I'm going to be posting a new page about who is riding and what their reasons are very soon.

Some rather big news is Susan G. Komen has asked that I participate in a photo shoot with a group of other Passionately Pink supporters, including folks from a small town outside of Atlanta (have you heard of Douglas?) whose entire town went Passionately Pink. Talk about logistics. Maybe I should get their help!

The photo shoot should be very fun and give me a little morale boost and help me remember that we are all part of something very big. That what we as a group are doing in supporting this ride is to help save lives and give hope to our neighbors, friends and family who have been affected by Breast Cancer. And as before, this seems to be everyone I have talked to. From Atlanta all the way to the Arctic.

My motorbike is ready, sitting idle at the shop.

1 comment:

  1. Dude!!! When is the photo shot? That is so cool! Wish I had known about Douglas. I was very near there last week and would have loved to visit.

    ReplyDelete