Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Final One.

What more can I write?  My ride may have ended, but my sister's battle continues.  In just two days, she will begin radiation that runs every day for 7 weeks, and restart the weekly chemo as well.  I rode and we all did our part - we raised $9,000 for Susan G.Komen.  Since all of the money raised was through the Passionately Pink for the Cure program, the money raised will stay in the area where the donation originated.   That being said, we have helped raise money for many Georgia and southeastern grants and programs supported by Komen dollars.

As for the ride, it was thought up, planned, and executed all in one summer.  Right when my sister and my family needed it most, we all had positive thoughts and and something to focus on during Kris's treatment.  It was a way for all of us to support her and the lives of folks we don't even know at the same time.

Before I left, many of my reasons for doing this ride were a sort of cross bond for my sister and me. Through a series of challenging and mentally draining events, we shared this summer together a bond to carry on through the tough times.  She did it and so did I, with the support of so many people.  I want to thank all of the people and the sponsors for their support and their roles in making this trip a successful and positive one.

We are going to have a get together on the 25th of Sept -- that's in two weeks.  We are planning on 5:00 PM until about 7:00 PM at Zuffy's off Buford Highway - the same spot we had the original fundraiser.  You can find directions here.  My sister and I want to invite anyone that wants to come down that evening and say hi and hang out for a bit.  It's going to be a very casual and relaxed.  I hope that some of you have time that day to swing by and catch up and check out my nearly 1000 pics that didn't get posted. 

8 comments:

  1. Stay strong Kris! See you folks (and the pics) on the 25th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing, this site has been visited over 22,621 times. That is a whole heaping bunch of awareness. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David whats up brotha, looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks man. 22,621... I sure hope some folks got a positive message. Also I have 2 key chains for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Daniel.
    It has been a pleasure to watch you support your sister and watch you accomplish your goal. Inspiring no doubt. Really glad you made it through Wenatchee for a beer and a burger.
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not the Final One. Just a new chapter to be continued tomorrow... :) Life will go on. More adventures will come around to be spoken of and ruminated on. Families will gather together with support and hugs and lots of food. Congratulations to both Kris and Daniel on facing down and conquering this adventure. Good luck on the adventures to come. -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daniel, See you there! Would not miss it! WHATS NEXT??? I would love to assist with the journey! Can't wait to hear all about Alaska and Deadhorse AK! GOSH WHAT A DREAM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude! Thank you, Daniel!
    BTW, I will be swinging by your shop one morning in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. David, no problem and swing by the shop anytime, Bryan told me about the SVT.
    Are you going to stop by on SAT?
    Did you get my massage yesterday about the Overland Rally/Meet? Do you still have the Montero set up? RTT?

    ReplyDelete