Saturday, July 31, 2010

Canada, I'm heading to Canada...

So we left McCall, ID yesterday morning. It was a great day. We rode all two lane mountain roads in Idaho. The temps changed so much. It was cool and nice, then we dropped down into the Salmon river gorge and it was hot!!  
Me at the top of "Hells Canyon" 

This is one of the many steep grades we rode up then down.
It was really cool to see the change from a high mountain forest, to the desert, to the river gorges of northern Idaho and back into the mountains again. Idaho is a great state.

My brother and I crossing the Salmon river bridge. This was a long canyon. This was the biggest river we crossed. I bet the Yukon up in AK is bigger. I will find out and let you know.

So here we are at the Selkirk Lodge, just north of Sandpoint. It's Saturday morning and we are gearing up. Matt and Alicia are headed south back home and I am about to head into Canada. I'm not sure if I will be posting much in Canada but I will do my best. I hope everyone is well and I will write more when I can. The weather is cool and it will be raining soon. Gotta love the mountains.

Thanks for the support so far and please keep following. The comments are good as well. I like them.

3 comments:

  1. Hi brother,
    Alone again! I hate to see Matt and Alicia leave. Another long, hard, stretch. We are with you, tracking all day. Be extra careful. When do you meet up with Kevin? Hang in there, you're doing a fabulous job keeping us updated so far and the pics are great. However, do not push yourself to blog, rest, rest, rest!! We love you! thank you thank you!!
    your sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a moment to enjoy Banff and Jasper NP. Two places on my wish list!

    Have a good night,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel;

    I and my family met you on Idaho 21 during a road construction stop. God speed on your journey, and stay safe. We'll be following along and wishing you the best - you're an inspiration. Marshall

    ReplyDelete