Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday...a quick idea I had

I needed a place to carry my tools and spare Final Drive oil, etc., so I decided to design and sew my own.  I started with some pre-built saddle pouches and rebuilt them to fit on the bike where I wanted.  I cut them apart to add adjustable straps. I had some straps sewed on with a center buckle.
Now I can place them over the tank and attach them to the tank guards down low.
With them being connected I can load each pouch and have even weight to help keep them located.

FIRST

SECOND


THIRD

And the final result....
Not too bad for a short day's work. Now I have a place to keep things up front and have a bit more room in the side cases. Last minute work is always fun. We will see if these work out.

2 comments:

  1. Thought I had posted to this...guess I forgot to click the last button! As state last night, you will love these. I've seen them on other long-distance tourers. In addition to the chain lube, be sure to put SNACKS in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following your track online. Go man go! Good job. Great cause! Ride safe.

    ReplyDelete