Monday, May 24, 2010

New News

Last Monday marked the last treatment in the first round of chemo for Kris. Now she gets a bit of a break until the first of June, when it is back to fighting once a week. I have been going to visit her on my days off from work during the weeks she has had chemo, and last week was the first time I went with her to a treatment and watched it all happen. I must say the whole experience was something I would never wish for anyone, but it was amazing to see how the nurses kept such a positive attitude. They all did such a great job of keeping things “light”, and were so friendly and cheerful. It was an amazing place, and yet at the same time, it was a very difficult place to understand.


With the end of May practically upon us, I find myself running out of time. I continue trying to get the logistics straight – trying to touch base with all of the people I plan on meeting up with, trying to finalize my route, etc. Which leads me to a question… who out there can help me along the way? There are definitely areas of the country and especially of Canada with which I am not very familiar, and could use any info you have to share. I am also in need of some help as far as places to stay. Even if you are not in the direct path according to my route, if you know of a good, safe spot to stop and rest, please let me know. At this point, my route still isn’t set in stone, so if you have advice or know which direction to point me, please do!

Please know how much everything is appreciated… I can’t thank everyone enough for all of the support and donations. I am so happy and proud of the donations we have raised thus far and I know the funds will help in finding a cure. They have to.

More to come from ATL. I just can’t wait for the Arctic part.


Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, but you will always find good people. Just be patient...

3 comments:

  1. Daniel, I printed all of your blog for Jack to read. He really likes what you are doing for your sister. But not only that, he likes what you are doing for yourself. He and I like this quote we saw a few weeks ago, "Think, Dream,Do." And years ago he put on our kitchen fridge for the boys to see all the time...."Dreams are good, but hard work is what gets you there." We are both so very proud of you. Give hugs to Kris from us. Joey and Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as Daniel stated, I have finished my first round of the really hard chemo. 'Hard' is an understatement, but I have a wonderful support system to help carry me through. My family is amazing. I have 3 awesome brothers who have completely doted on me. Not a week goes by that they do not call, text or in the case of Daniel and Marcus, come to see me. Matt would if he could. Daniel and Brooke have worked very hard in getting the website and fundraising up and running. Not to mention Daniel still works full time and is trying to compile things for his trip. It is a huge undertaking, and I appreciate everyone's positive words of encouragement to him. My next phase of treatment starts next week. We are hoping it is more tolerable. I really need to thank my parents, who have basically lived with me for the last 3 months. It is not easy raising 5 kids in your 60's. But, that is just what you do for your children. That's all for now; please keep sending your support and good wishes to Daniel. He is getting down to the wire. Love, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there sister and brother, just checking in on the blog. I am in California working right now and thinking of both of you. I know the details of the trip will come together. It seems daunting right now but lots of people are helping and pulling for both of you and our family. With that kind of support good endings are bound to happen. I love you both and can't wait to ride with Daniel and post some great stuff for everyone to see. Matt

    ReplyDelete